Beans and corn dish ( Èwà Álagbàdo).

When growing up I was always expectant of the maize / corn season it was a time I knew I could eat roasted,  boiled corn or even  make ogi/pap with my mum, cook egbo and also make beans and corn dish the list is endless funny enough my dad stopped me at a point as a kid from taking anything made from corn 'cause of my unceasing cough he believed anything made with corn or that has corn origin made me cough but you know, when I go out and  I'm opportunied to eat corn I will munch it quickly before getting home.

I am not a fan of beans but when it is accompanied with other staple like: rice, corn,  bread,  yam and  what have you then I know I am in for an unparalleled food adventure. Let's save history for another day below is the recipe I used.
NOTE:  Égbo is different from Èwà Álagbàdo wondering what makes the difference? The mode of preparation. I will recreate Egbo recipe here soon in the meantime, Enjoy!
Recipe / Ingredients.
Beans – 2cups
Fresh Corn – 1 1/2 cups
Salt
Pepper mix (tomatoes, rodo, tatashe etc.) – 2 cooking spoons
Onion– diced 1/2cup
Palm oil – 2 cooking spoons
Seasoning (optional)
Water
(this recipe makes about 2–3 servings)
Equipments:
2 cooking pots,  cooking spoon, measuring cups and spoons, cooker, table spoon,  plate and chopping board.
Procedures:
Step 1: pick your beans and boil till it's  partly soft.
Step 2:  For my corn, I  made use of  fresh corn. I removed it from the  comb, detached the corn and boiled in salted water till it was properly cooked.
Step 3: Place the pot of  beans back on heat now  add the cooked corn and stir till it's fully combined add some water and salt. Cover to aid further cooking.
Step 4: Add pepper mix,  palm oil and  let it cook for another 2–3 minutes.
Step 5: let it simmer then serve. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Post

GINGER-LIME TEA

SAVOURY PUFF-PUFF