MINCEMEAT MACARONI STIR-FRY.

Macaroni reminds of my childhood I just always wanted mum to make pasta for us. But when she blantely refuses to make pasta I remember aunty Joke, I remember learning how to make pasta from her at age 6. See I've gone weird in infusing various things in pasta some really really bahd combo 🤣.
Just so you know, the stew base for the stir-fry was slowly cooked and also the flavor was enhanced using spices of various kind which you are quite familiar with.


I didn't plan on filming or writing this recipe because it happened to be one of those meals that was unplanned. I made it for some of my amazing friends who stopped by and because of their reviews and comments i decided to share with you! That meaty feel was all-encompassing, since it's a stir fry everything was pretty quick and easy.

INGREDIENTS (Serves 3)

Macaroni 2 1/2 cups
Mincemeat 2 cooking spoons
Oil 2 cooking spoons
Herby / Holy Mix (Onion, Ginger & Garlic blend)
Stew base
Black pepper
Cayenne pepper
Dried thyme
Salt


STEPS / PROCEDURES:

Step 1: heat some water in a pot, bring to a rolling boil; add salt, drops of oil and add in the macaroni, cook and seieve when cooked.

TD's Tip: Cook till it's al dente! (i.e cooked and firm) 

Step 2: In a frying pan or work; Add in oil enough to pan fry the mincemeat.

Step 3: Add in the Herby / Holy Mix, add in the mincemeat and fry till it's cooked through.

Step 4: Add the stew base and add the spicies of your choice (Black pepper, Cayenne pepper, Dried thyme)

TD's Tip : Be careful when adding peppers and spices in order not to over do it. Also if peradventure you're making this for a guest consider those who can't bear too much spiciness or hotness in their food.

Step 5: Stir till it's well combined and stir in the cooked Macaroni.


TD's Tip: You can add in some freshness by adding Basil, Sage, Bell Peppers, etc. You can also add some beef stock to intensify the meaty feel. It's totally up to you but I worked with what I had at hand as at the time I was making this dish.

Step 6: Serve with any preferred protein and drink. Bon appetite!


Comments

Popular Post

GINGER-LIME TEA

SAVOURY PUFF-PUFF