EGUSI SOUP | MAGGI NAIJA POT SEASONING



Really honored to have been recognized and to be joining Maggi Nigeria, on this new journey as the renowned brand unveils a new seasoning the Maggi Naija Pot seasoning. The new seasoning cube did justice to my Egusi (melon) soup which is my first dish for this experience, it brought out the richness which many foodies like me are craving to have.

I made this Egusi soup sumptuous & tasty by being adventurous and adding great ingredients including the Maggi Naija Pot seasoning which Maggi provided by delivering the Maggi Lion Mystery Box 🎁 which consist of some other great ingredients. 



Mind you, I didn't enjoy this goodness alone I invited some of my friends to come and experience what bottom pot enjoyment tastes like trust me; it was very delicious👌👌  don't mind me I too like food jare . 😁
Welcome to my world!
I am ÌyanuOlúwa CEO of MyCookery Zone (@mycookeryzone) & TDs Kitchen @temitopedancer, below are the ingredients used/shopping list and procedures enjoy!

INGREDIENTS {for 1st dish}:

Egusi (melon) grounded 1 1\2 cup
Peppers&Tomatoes: (blended)
                 Rodo---6
                 Tatashe-5
Tomatoes: medium size 10
Stockfish (soaked)
Ponmo [cow skin] (washed & boiled)
Crayfish (grounded)
Smokedfish---- 4 (cleaned & pieced)
Palm oil (3 cooking spoons)
Ginger (peeled and grated)
Medium size Onion (diced)
Vegetable leaf [preferably Ugwu] (Shredded & washed)
Maggi Naija Pot Seasoning (2 cubes)
Salt to taste.
(Solid----- Garri and Wheat)

PROCEDURES:
Step 1: So I got some of my ingredients from the market, prepped and made my equipments ready for use. I used equipment like: a cooker, 3 pots, measuring cups & spoons, cooking spoon, sieve, 3 bowls, turning stick, vegetable and peeling knife etc.
Step 2: wash, cut and boil the cow skin (ponmo) for some minutes with the already soaked stockfish let it cook and later turn off the heat. Place an empty pot on fire, one that is capable of containing the soup add 3 cooking spoons of palm oil, diced onions, grated ginger, stir and let it fry for some minutes. Add in the blended peppers and tomatoes you can also add some salt. Let it also cook.
Step 3: go ahead to add the stockfish, Smokedfish, crayfish, ponmo to the mixture on fire not forgetting the Maggi Naija Pot Seasoning.
Step 4: add some water or stock to the pot on fire and allow to cook for about 5-6 minutes, but I don't like my vegetable soup too watery neither too dry so I'm at the middle. By this time, the aroma should be everywhere even your neighbor's would be asking what is going on.
Step 5: make a paste with the Egusi  and add scoops little by little to the mixture on fire an let it also cook for few minutes.
Step 6: at this point begin to wash the shredded vegetable. I wash my vegetable at least 3 times you know nothing is as irritating/annoying as crushing your teeths on stones while eating so wash your vegetable, sieve out the water add in another water continue this process till it's free from dirts.
Step 7: add in the vegetable and stir to incorporate the vegetable with the cooked ingredients. Let it simmer for 2 minutes then turn off heat/take the pot away from fire. So your soup is ready!!! it's now left for you to decide which solid goes best. 


Because I had invited some friends I  made eba & wheat in order for them to make their choices we all enjoyed the goodness embedded in the new Maggi Naija Pot.


Comments

Popular Post

GINGER-LIME TEA

SAVOURY PUFF-PUFF