SIMPLE GARNISHED COCONUT RICE | MAGGI NAIJA POT SEASONING


This simple garnished coconut rice recipe is heavenly, spicy and hot! You know? Food can also be sexy. Lol
So Maggi already provided a fresh thick coconut milk in the delivered "Lion mystery gift box" I had no stress of extracting the milk from the coconut myself. This simple recipe worked for me but you can always substitute by adding meat, coconut oil, stock etc. in your own recipe. So easy to make this recipe will make at least 4-5servings.

The new Naija Pot seasoning from Maggi made this dish more aromatic and tantalizing I refused to be treated like "White Rice" it was coconuty all the way! 

Coconut rice can be bae you know? I also garnished with some vegetables and freshly shredded coconut to get that crunchy taste. I made some fried plantain and egg to accompany the coconut rice.

Some of my friends came over to enjoy this simple garnished coconut rice.
Enjoy! Foodies
Below are the ingredients and procedures....
  
INGREDIENTS {2nd dish}:
Rice (3cups)
Coconut milk (2 cups diluted with 2cups of water)
Cayenne pepper (3 tbsp)
Green bell peppers (2 pieces)
Medium size onion (diced)
Green & red Scotch bonnet pepper (3 pieces each)
Thyme
Vegetable oil (3 cooking spoons)
Maggi Naija Pot seasoning- ( 2 cubes)
Carrot (diced)
Freshly shredded coconut
Crayfish (3 tbsp)
Plantain (5 large)
Ginger and tumeric (grated)
Salt to taste.
I made use of just 2pots- a pot for cooking the coconut rice and a frying pan, cooker, cooking spoon, grater, chopping board, 2 bowls, measuring cups and spoons, knife etc.

PROCEDURES: 
Step 1: place a large pot on fire, add 3 cooking spoons of vegetable oil, add onions fry for few minutes, add the finely chopped green and red Scotch bonnet peppers, grated ginger and tumeric, thyme, crayfish, Cayenne pepper, salt, season generously with the Maggi Naija Pot seasoning and finally add the coconut milk. Cover for the mixture to boil.
Step 2: you can parboil your rice but I wash my rice at least 3 times so I don't need to parboil anymore.
Step 3: add the washed/parboiled rice into the coconut mixture, cover and let it cook on a moderate heat.
Step 4: prepare your veggies, I garnished my coconut rice with diced carrots, green bell peppers, freshly shredded coconut (to give some crunchy flavour and taste).
Step 5: check if the rice is tender enough, now add the veggies to the already prepared coconut rice.
Step 6: stir in till it's fully combined. Then your coconut rice is ready!!!

Comments

Popular Post

GINGER-LIME TEA

SAVOURY PUFF-PUFF