Must read || My Mango Escapade ☺



Mango I've had so many experiences with you!  Is it the nostalgic feeling of always waiting for the perfect season when it will be in excess? Or the times I go and pluck directly from the tree? Or is it the memory of storing the unripe ones in a sack to quicken it's ripening process.
I was born in Ogbomosho a town in Oyo State the Mango found in this region are super big if you're Nigerian and also based in the southwestern part of the country then you'll know what I'm talking about its called 'Ogbomosho Mango'  and they can be pretty expensive as well.

 Then one day something happened, you know there's this perception that you don't take mangoes with garri or immediately after. Flashback to this moment I had when growing up it was a disaster OMG! 😱. I had to take enough red oil (Palm oil)  to ease my pain I remember sometimes late last year I relayed the story to my dad and he couldn't remember but it's still fresh in my memory.

If there is anything I can't deal with is the flies this fruit attracts is just yuck, then I hated mango I literally avoided anything that is produced with mango I usually get irritated around people who enjoy this succulent fruit. If I'm to be honest I've not taken mango since I had that experience. But guess what? I've fallen in love with mango again yes! As my level of food culture has improved and have gained more exposure I tried giving it a trial and guyz it was amazing.

Recently I used mango in making a salad recipe which I will definitely be sharing later this week. Foodies it was infusion all the way and also I enjoyed the delicious fleshy yellow pulp it was Beau-ti-ful !

Do you have memories of this fruit kindly share in the comment section ❤🙌🏽

Comments

Popular Post

GINGER-LIME TEA

SAVOURY PUFF-PUFF