Pot Baked Garnished Moin-moin

Moin-moin can be buttery and fluffy. A popular bean meal made into pudding often taken as breakfast, lunch or dinner as the case may be. This basic process involves you peeling and grinding the bean into a paste.
But in this case I made use of beans flour which came out exactly and even tasted more delicious and I tell you, it's very hard to differentiate between the beans flour and the freshly grinded beans.
The idea of garnished moimoi came up when I  just wanted something different from the regular moimoi we are used to in this part of the world and also I tushed the procedure by baking in a tin by placing inside a pot of boiling water.

INGREDIENTS
Beans flour 1cup
Cayenne pepper  2TBSP
Crayfish 1TBSP
Seasoning cube
Salt 2tsp
Egg 1
Ginger & garlic
Onions
Curry & thyme 1/4tsp each
Veg. Oil 2 cooking spoons
Warm water 1 1/2cups
Green & Red bell peppers
PS: Apologies this recipe is coming up late but I'm happy I fulfilled my promise.



Watch video! 

PROCEDURES
Step 1: measure out a cup of beans flour inside a mixing bowl, add cayenne pepper and crayfish.
Step 2: stir and put aside. In another bowl dissolve seasoning cube and salt  with warm water. (Note: I do this in order to make it easy for this to circulate.)
Step 3: add curry and thyme to the beans flour mixture. Now stir in the dissolved seasoning and salt mixture gradually into the flour.
Step 4: keep stirring until it's smooth and fluffy. Add ginger, garlic and onion and stir.
Step 5: Slightly oil a baking tin and pour batter into it.  Now add egg.
Step 6: Garnish with chopped green and red bell peppers.
Step 7: cover tin with lid, place in a pot of boiling water and cover.
Step 8: this is expected to cook for 35—40 minutes or until set.
Step 9: can be enjoyed as breakfast, lunch or even dinner. Serve with bread, rice, pap,  custard etc.
NOTE:
 You can upgrade this recipe by adding the preferred spice of your choice. You know I love keeping my things pretty simple.
  I made use of warm water cause I discovered that it helps in the cooking process.
 Ensure you beat in enough  air into the batter this also helps in making it fluffy and smooth.
 I dissolved the seasoning cube and salt in water to aid the even distribution of taste.
 I made use of a baking tin that has lid this is to prevent water from splashing into it when cooking.
 I made use of raw egg before the cooking process but it absolutely up to you, you can cook before adding.
 Do well to keep an eye on the water level in the pot and add more when necessary.

Comments

Popular Post

GINGER-LIME TEA

SAVOURY PUFF-PUFF