THE PERFECT OAT PORRIDGE RECIPE | OAT RECIPE (SERIES)



One of my amazing friend called my attention to me not having a single oat recipe on my blog and I was like hm...mmm.. But that's true. Now, I've taken it upon myself to share the most perfect way to make your oat porridge.


Oats are obtained from widely cultivated cereal grass, basically for its seed which is the oat, a grain, harvested as a food crop and often eaten as porridge, overnight porridge, oat flat bread, oatcake, oatbread, oat milk, oatmeal swallow etc. The list is endless because with just this grain food crop more recipes can be brought into existence.

If you'll agree with me oatmeal (a cereal made from rolled oats, cooked in milk and water) is an incredible meal to have for breakfast because its superfast and filling. On this experience with TD I'll be sharing tested and tried recipes that comes with my own twist it's the most amazing thing you've ever seen.

In this edition, I'll be sharing the basic variant of my oatmeal recipe but during the course of oat series and in other subsequent time, I'll be sharing some self innovated oatmeal recipes.
The consistency of your oat is totally up to you follow the recipe through. Please note that all measurements were done using standard measuring cup and spoon all ingredients were also leveled during measurement.

Now, let's cook!
INGREDIENTS: 2 servings
Oat 1cup
Sugar / honey 2TBSP
Water 1 1/2cups
Cinnamon stick (optional)
Vanilla extract 1/4tsp
Salt
Milk 1/2cup or 125ml

STEPS / PROCEDURE

Step 1: place sauce pan on heat, add water and cinnamon stick. Bring to a rolling boil.

Step 2: take out cinnamon stick, add sugar, salt, add oat and stir till it's all submerged in water.

Step 3: Stir frequently to prevent burning or sticking to the bottom of pot.

Step 4: add milk and vanilla extract. Stir till it's well combined and take off heat.

Step 5: Serve with any protein or fruit.

TD's Tip: Oat cooking should be done on medium to low heat.
Once milk is added you don't want it to boil just take it off heat.
Once you've mastered this recipe and the appropriate measurement the cooking can be done in a microwave as to the conventional use of stove top.
Use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir this I've found it to prevent burning and most especially it's soft and gentle on your pot surface.

Bon appetite!





Comments

Popular Post

GINGER-LIME TEA

SAVOURY PUFF-PUFF