Oven Roasted Peanuts.

This simple method of roasting peanut which  I was able to wrap my head and magical fingers around I tell you really worked obviously if it didn't I wouldn't be sharing the procedure. It's oven roasted, crunchy and delicious. I got this peanuts from a friend in the north. I know we all wonder if it's either called peanuts or groundnut you've got no problem the two can be used interchangeably.

To be specific peanut is also known as the groundnut, goober, or monkey nut, and scientifically under the taxonomy classification it is called Arachis hypogaea, Peanut is a legume crop grown mainly for its edible seeds. It is widely grown in the tropics and subtropics regions.


Oh! I so much love peanuts and you know the idea behind eating peanuts and getting pimple, I put the notion aside when I set my eyes on bottles of peanuts. Let me give a shout out to all peanuts lovers out there I am referring to those who can apparently, finish a bottle in a day / in hours. I hail oooo 😁 🙌 

You know, most roasted peanuts are actually done using ashes/ sand which isn't hygienic enough often times we see sand at the middle of nuts and many at times we get to gnash our teeth on it this can be very irritating right? The idea of oven roasting  just came to my mind after these thoughts.

Meanwhile, after roasting this can be used for making/eating: garri, bread, kuli-kuli, groundnut soup, groundnut paste (for cakes) or peanut butter etc. Before even roasting was I tempted to chew it raw? Of cause Yes! But to anyone eating nuts raw I still feel it's not safe because at that stage it contains chemicals which are said to not be 'toxic' but I still don't buy the idea of chewing peanuts raw even though some do. I had to just wait till I finished roasting 😁. 

I've got the detailed recipe and procedure. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
950g (Peanuts)
1teaspoon (salt)


 


Equipments: 1 bowl, Oven, Oven tray, large metal / wooden spoon, Kitchen scale, Oven gloves / kitchen towels or napkins.

Procedures:
Step 1: Pick / sort out the nut.
Step 2: Heat up the oven. I usually put it on a very high heat at this point but few minutes before I place in the but I lowered to 350°F .

Note: Mark 4-5 is usually 400-450°F while Mark 3-4 is about 300-350°F.
Step 3: This is to make it roast evenly and on a moderate heat.
Step 4: Place but in the oven tray spread it out, add some salts and place in the preheated oven.
Step 5: After 10-15minutes of placing your peanuts in the oven you need a large spoon to distribute it around once again. Place it back for another 15-20minutes and do this at intervals.

TD's Tip: Take extra caution with the timing this is dependent on how large or small the amount of peanuts you're roasting. I judged the timing based on my intuition.

Step 6: Once nuts starts giving a sizzling sound or turns golden brown it is ready. Turn off heat remove from the oven and let it cool.
Step 7: Now store in bottles and jars. Enjoy!

KEY POINTS:
* Because of the heat intensity please wear the oven gloves/use a kitchen napkins or towels when roasting.
* Season moderately it doesn't require so much salt.
* Distribute the nuts evenly and stir often to prevent burning.
* I roasted this for about 25-30minutes (Mark 3-4 is about 300-350°F) it was perfect .
* For this recipe always use the down heat provider of the oven and not the top  heat provider

Comments

Popular Post

GINGER-LIME TEA

SAVOURY PUFF-PUFF